A new draft application for a wind farm on the border of Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend has recently been announced by developers.
The proposed site which would be named Y Bryn wind farm, sits on two blocks of Welsh Government woodland estate managed by Natural Resources Wales, and would fall largely within Neath Port Talbot County Borough whilst stretching into some parts of Bridgend County Borough.
The developers are proposing to create a new onshore wind farm that could deliver enough renewable energy to power over 85,700 homes.
A series of public events are planned by the developers so residents can join in the discussions on the proposals. The sessions will be held at:
- Bryn Community Centre, Maesteg Road, Bryn, SA13 2RY on Monday June 12, between 2pm and 7pm
- Taibach Community Centre, Duke Street, Taibach, SA13 1NA on Tuesday June 13, between 2pm and 7pm
- Cefn Cribwr Athletic Club, Cae Gof, Cefn Cribwr, CF32 0BA on Wednesday June 14,between 2pm and 7pm
- Maesteg Sports Centre, Old Forge Site, Nant-y-Crynwydd, Maesteg, CF34 9EB on Friday June 16, between 2pm and 7pm
- Cwmafan Community Centre, Depot Road, Port Talbot, SA12 9BA on Saturday June 17, between 2pm-7pm