Net Zero targets approved by the Science-based Targets Initiative
Colt Technology Services, the digital infrastructure company, today published its second Sustainability report. The report highlights progress for Colt Group – comprising Colt Technology Services and Colt Data Centre Services – in areas of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) against ambitious targets set for the 12 months ending 31st December 2022. The report, in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards also tracks Colt Group’s progress towards long-term goals including its commitment to Net Zero, while reinforcing its contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Rated Platinum by EcoVadis, Colt Group leads the way in setting industry standards in ESG and falls within the top 1% of global businesses for sustainability.
In the report, the company sets out ambitious targets to Net Zero, including:
- On track to procure 100% renewable power for Scope 2 by 2030 for all sites globally
- Decarbonisation of fleet through electrification, with commitment to 75% pure electric fleet by 2030 with interim target of 38% by 2025
- Engagement of top 356 suppliers in drive for Scope 1 and 2 emissions aligned to 1.5 degree science-based target by 2025
- Reduction of indirect emissions, finding alternatives to travel and setting internal cost for carbon of £11 per tCO2, with plans to offset by investing in green innovations such as Carbon Capture and Storage and internal sustainability projects
Further highlights from the 2022 Sustainability Report include:
- 63% reduction of Scope 1 and Scope 2 (market-based) Greenhouse Gas emissions against 2019 baseline through an increase in the share of renewable electricity procured increasing from 61% in 2020 to 74% in 2022
- 28% decrease in Scope 3 emissions compared to 2019 baseline
- 30% decrease in total carbon dioxide emissions across all three scopes since 2019; on track to achieve 2030 Science-Based Target
- Colt positioned on Carbon Disclosure Project’s Supplier Engagement Leaderboard following `A’ rating achieved for engagement with suppliers on climate change
- 75,452 pieces of equipment reused in 2021 and 2022
- Launch of Flexible First, part of Colt’s commitment to flexible working
- Popular community of active employee networks including Women+@Colt, Pride Matters, YOUnited, Disability Accessibility Network and Next@Colt
- Recognised as Stonewall Top Global Employer
- Secured Menopause Friendly Employer accreditation
- Cyber Essentials Plus certification achieved
Keri Gilder, CEO, Colt Technology Services, says “At Colt, ESG is the foundation for the values we live by. We’re ‘ESG by Design’ and find exciting new ways to create sustainable long-term growth for ourselves, our customers and partners in everything we do, from intelligent network design to focusing on ESG criteria for selecting our valued suppliers. We have tangible commitments, too, to bring our goals to life: spot our solar panels in Sibiu; harvest fresh salad leaves from our fabulous office farm at Colt House in London or find us planting thousands of trees and restoring ecological parks in Indian cities”.
She continues, “ESG is a business imperative – inertia is not an option. Organisations must do more than pledge to build a cleaner, greener, equitable world; they must be held accountable for their action and inaction. There is always more to do, but our second Sustainability Report demonstrates why we’ve become a leading light in the industry. We’re incredibly proud of our progress on this journey so far”.
Catherine Hammond, Research Director at Analysys Mason said, “ESG is becoming more and more important to enterprise buyers, and now typically contributes up to 20% of RFP scorecards. Colt aims to integrate ESG into all parts of its business, and it’s clear that, as well as it being the right thing to do, a commitment to ESG is valued and appreciated by customers, suppliers and partners.”
Find the report here.
About the Colt Group Sustainability Report 2022
The Colt Group Sustainability Report covers the period 1 January to 31 December 2022, unless otherwise stated. The report includes sustainability performance data across the ESG material issues identified and prioritised as part of the materiality assessment conducted in 2021. The report covers all entities under Colt Group Holdings Limited (“Colt Group”). Colt Group developed this report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards. The sustainability activities reported by Colt Technology Services Group Limited have been independently verified by the British Standards Institution. More information can be found in the appendix 9.3. External Assurance statement by BSI. For more information about Colt Data Centre Services (DCS), please consult our 2022 Sustainability Highlights Report.
About Colt Technology Services
Colt Technology Services (Colt) is a global digital infrastructure company which creates extraordinary connections to help businesses succeed. Powered by amazing people and like-minded partners, Colt is driven by its purpose: to put the power of the digital universe in the hands of its customers, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Since 1992, Colt has set itself apart through its deep commitment to its customers, growing from its heritage in the City of London to more than 60 offices around the world. The powerful Colt IQ Network connects 222 cities and 32 countries with more than 1000 data centres, 51 Metropolitan Area Networks and over 31,000 buildings across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs. Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in the sector.
Obsessed with delivering industry-leading customer experience, Colt is guided by its dedication to customer innovation, by its values and its responsibility to its customers, partners, people and planet.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net